THERE IS only one product world-wide that can properly clean your still so that your final results reach their best.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to use our Global Flavors Bio Still Cleaner.
Introducing the WORLD’S BEST still cleaner
Global Flavors Bio Still Cleaner is a 2 part product. Part One is alkaline (ALK) and Part Two is acidic (ACD).
Instructions for Part One ALK
- Mix contents of this bottle with 6 litres of 40°C water.
- If you wish to also clean the outside of your still, use 7 litres and keep aside 1 litre after mixing.
- Start boiler, bring to 60-65°C and run for 10 minutes.
- Once complete, discard the liquid.
- If you wish to clean the outside of your still, first let the boiler cool, then clean the outside with the litre you kept aside, using a sponge and soft cloth.
Instructions for Part Two ACD
- Mix contents of this bottle with 5 litres of 40°C water.
- (Optional) If you wish to also clean the inside of the cooling system, do it now (see photo at right)
• Take a jug of the ACD mix from the boiler.
• Disconnect the inlet and outlet of the cooling water and attach them with a tie or bungy cord above the height of the boiler.
• Add a hose adapter and funnel to one of the ends.
• Fill the system with the ACD from the jug and leave for 5 minutes.
• Discard the liquid.
- Reconnect the water hose to the still, turn on and bring the boiler to 60-65°C.
- Run for 10 minutes and discard liquid.
- When cool wipe the boiler inside with a wet sponge.
The Global Flavors 2 part cleaning product instructions are based around a 25 litre boiler.
If your capacity differs, calculate how much detergens to use by dividing your boiler capacity by 25 and multiply the below figures by this.
- For Example: Boiler 100 Ltrs – divide by 25 = 4
- Therefore you need 4 packets of product
- Multiply the original ALK (6 litres) by 4 = 24 litres required
One of the beliefs of distilling is that leaving the residues from past operations heightens the flavour of the end product.
This is completely false, as an exact example mixing a xmas fruit cake and not cleaning it for the next year’s pud will make it taste better… more likely it will poison you!
- Clean fresh ingredients as in fruit and grain will always give you the superior taste
- You wouldn’t go to a restaurant that didn’t clean its pots and pans.
Cleaning should be carried out every 6 distillations, more frequently if high class vodka is the goal.
Until next time… Happy Distilling!