INDULGE IN the irresistible fusion of two beloved worlds: the botanical elegance of gin and the velvety allure of chocolate.
Prepare to embark on a delectable journey where smooth and rich cocoa meets the aromatic botanicals, resulting in a harmonious symphony of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
Brace yourself for a truly captivating experience as we unveil a tantalizing recipe that combines the sophistication of gin with the indulgence of chocolate, leaving you craving for more. Get ready to savor every blissful bite of our gin-flavored chocolate, a divine treat that will awaken your senses and redefine the boundaries of decadence.
Here’s a detailed recipe for making gin-flavored chocolate using gin-flavored spirit essence:
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa or higher)
- 2 teaspoons Park Lane Gin spirit essence
- Optional: garnishes such as crushed juniper berries, orange zest, or sea salt
- Prepare a double boiler by filling a saucepan with a small amount of water and placing a heatproof bowl on top. Make sure the bowl fits snugly and doesn’t touch the water.
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and place them in the heatproof bowl. Set the saucepan on the stove over low heat and gently melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally with a spatula until smooth and fully melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat, but keep the saucepan with water on the stove (you may need it to reheat the chocolate if it starts to thicken).
- Add 2 teaspoons of gin-flavored spirit essence to the melted chocolate. Stir well to combine and distribute the flavor evenly throughout the chocolate. Adjust the amount of essence according to your taste preferences.
- If desired, you can add additional garnishes to enhance the flavor. For example, sprinkle in crushed juniper berries for a stronger gin taste, add grated orange zest for a citrusy twist, or sprinkle a pinch of sea salt for a contrasting flavor.
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper. Carefully pour the gin-flavored chocolate mixture onto the parchment paper, spreading it evenly to your desired thickness. Use a spatula to smooth the surface.
- If you’re using any additional garnishes, sprinkle them over the chocolate while it’s still wet, pressing them gently to adhere.
- Place the baking sheet or tray in the refrigerator and let the chocolate set for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Once the gin-flavoured chocolate has hardened, remove it from the refrigerator. Break or cut it into small, bite-sized pieces or any desired shape.
- Serve the gin-flavoured chocolate at room temperature and enjoy!
Note: Store the gin-flavored chocolate in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It should stay fresh for several weeks, although its flavor may mellow over time.
Until next time… Happy Distilling!