BRANDY SAUCE is a delightful accompaniment often used to enhance the flavor of desserts, such as bread pudding or Christmas pudding.
Its rich and creamy texture, infused with the warm notes of brandy, adds a sophisticated touch to sweet treats.
Additionally, brandy sauce can also be paired with certain savory dishes, like roasted meats or poultry, to create a deliciously indulgent glaze.
- 1/4 cup Global Flavors Connoisseurs Brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the all-purpose flour and whisk continuously for about 1 minute to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in the Global Flavors Connoisseurs Brandy while whisking vigorously to combine it with the butter and flour mixture.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Whisk continuously until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Simmer the sauce gently over low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens to your desired consistency. Be careful not to let it boil.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve the Global Flavors Connoisseurs Brandy sauce warm over your favorite desserts, such as cakes, pies, ice cream, or bread pudding.
Note: If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can strain it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps or particles before serving. Additionally, feel free to adjust the sweetness of the sauce by adding more or less brown sugar according to your taste preferences.
Until next time… Happy Distilling!